Putting the data into resources makes sense since you may not always be
able to keep the .ser file next to the .java file anyway.

When we extend the source tree to include platform-specific code there
may be cases where instances of a 'common' (to all platforms)
serializable type has non-transient references to instances of
platform-dependent types.  In this case there will need be .ser files
for each platform.

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> Stepan Mishura wrote:
>> Hi George,
>>
>> I like you idea with loading test's resource files. I don't see any
>> maintenance issues with putting all resource files into
>> "src/test/resources"
>> folder, for example, if a test have several resource files then I'd
>> like to
>> keep them in separate folder rather then in a test's folder. Also don't
>> think that there will be name collision problems: java files go to
>> "test/java" and resource files go to "test/resources". Is anybody
>> going to
>> put class files there?
>
> As long as you keep a parallel package tree, it should be equivalent of
> how we do it now.  Not quite sure what we gain other than it's neater...
>
> geir
>

>> George Harley wrote:
>>> 2) The need for the "TEST_SRC_DIR" system property goes away if method
>>> getDataFile() were updated to use java.net.URI.

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.