Etienne Gagnon wrote:

Hi All,

Good news!  I have received all the necessary permissions to license
SableVM under the Apache License 2.0 (AL2).  See:
http://sablevm.org/lists/sablevm-devel/2006-March/000620.html

I hope that licensing SableVM under the AL2 will mark the start of a
nice collaboration between the Harmony and SableVM projects.  I think
that a model of collaboration has been shaping up in recent discussions:

- SableVM development stays on http://sablevm.org . Some individual
 Harmony developers will hopefully submit patches and gain commit
 privileges, but must then do so under SableVM's traditions and
 contribution policy.

- Some SableVM individual contributors will hopefully want to contribute
 patches and code to the Harmony class libraries.  They will have to do
 so under Harmony's traditions and contribution policy.  [I will
 most probably be in this category.  Feel rested; I won't ask for any
 special treatment just for submitting a patch now and then!]

 (no cross-posting please!).

- Everyone smiles and is happy!  The world is beautiful. :-)

Hmmm...  Have I got something wrong?

Cheers,

Etienne

PS:  Please be patient.  It will probably take a little time to double
check everything before making the official license change in our
repository.  We certainly don't want to have any license conflict in
code we distribute.

Great!

Enrico