Hi Archie,

For obvious reasons, I don't want to end-up "copying" Classpath.  As far
as I know, Harmony does not want to have any GPL code in its certified
J2SE implementation.  [To the casual reader:  Please do not start the
"mandatory" thread on copyrightability of interfaces... I know all about
these things and couldn't care less at the moment.]

Now, I have nothing against doing as much as possible in Java; that has
always been how we've done things in SableVM.

Also, I would like to think about the VMI with the view of a "pure"
virtual machine implementor, not that of a binary compiler implementor
or that of a hybrid system implementor.  It would just be more fun for
me.  I already don't like much working on VMI and class libraries; I
might as well try to make it as enjoyable as possible.

Will read the thread you pointed to.

Thanks,

Etienne