Etienne Gagnon wrote:
Tim Ellison wrote:
my point is that we could hack the Eclipse batch compiler to make it do
something it is not meant to do (source=1.5 target=1.4).  If we get
burnt then we'll have nobody to complain to ;-)
As it stands we have no option to use the Eclipse batch compiler
(without tweaking it and therefore I assume bringing a modified JAR into
our SVN for people to use etc. -- yuk!)

Wouldn't the following be sufficient:

1- Put the (probably very small) patch in our repository.
2- Update make/depends.xml to fetch eclipse sources.
3- Update the build procedures to apply the patch and build/rebuild
   eclipse when necessary.

If we can avoid having to get the full code and rebuild, that might be nicer. I figured that we could simply write our own code that calls the eclipse internals, but since I don't actually know what needs to change, I'll shut up now...