2006/4/16, Nathan Beyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> [...]

Right, right, it's the project's code then. I mean, shall someone apply a
patch only for re-naming? That's waste of time. Why not learn ahead of
writing something, or follow the convention?

In any case, is it realistic to think that one particular style or
> convention is going to be acceptable by everyone? At some point the
> acceptability of a piece of code will come down to one person's judgment
> and
> their view of what's acceptable at that moment in time.

one particular style may not be accepted by everyone, but convention is just
another thing. What's more, naming convention can help everyone. Indeed, I
do not care what the convention is after it's agreed, but it is important we
get one and follow.
Anyway, convention is not one man's judgment or view, it is something
discussed,compromise, then accepted by everyone, right? :)