This aspect is easy.  I'll just ask Sun.

geir

Anton Avtamonov wrote:
On 4/18/06, Mark Hindess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I thought my first message in this thread made this clear but obviously not.

I'm not suggesting that code would care if the exception messages are
identical.  I was suggesting that it is probably now quite common for
users to type error messages straight in to google.  Therefore having
messages match those of existing implementations would help our users
find the cause of an exception.

Yes, right. I saw several times like people did that and even did by
myself for javac.

If I remember we decided not to copy the mesages because it is
*possibly* a legal isssue and maybe copyrightable. Is it possible to
ask apache legal? Probably the answer will solve our problems :-).

Wishes,
--
Anton Avtamonov,