IMHO, we should avoid creating duplicate tests. I guess that in this case
the second test was created just only mark that we tested both methods
(readBoolean and writeBoolean).

I think that if there is no unique (different from other scenarios used to
check class implementation) testing scenario for a class's method  then we
should mark that the method was tested with others methods. For example, for
our case:

/**
  * @tests java.io.RandomAccessFile#readBoolean()
  * @tests java.io.RandomAccessFile#writeBoolean()
  */
public void test_readBoolean_AND_writeBoolean() throws IOException {
    // Test for method boolean java.io.RandomAccessFile.readBoolean()
    RandomAccessFile raf = new java.io.RandomAccessFile(fileName, "rw");
    raf.writeBoolean(true);
    raf.seek(0);
    assertTrue("Incorrect boolean read/written", raf.readBoolean());
    raf.close();
}

Thanks,
Stepan.