Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
Magnusson, Geir skrev  den 24-04-2006 14:39:
:)

SSG == Solutions and Software Group

P = product
D = Division

Guess what M stands for...

:)

Geir, I was wondering if you could make an informal statement regarding how IBM and Intel is backing the harmony project? Sounds like there is many man hours in code, both past and future.

Well, I won't make any statements on behalf of IBM or Intel, and I'd be surprised if anyone else did.

However, I believe you can judge corporate support by the contributions to the community made by those corporations, and there are many ways they can do it. Some that spring to mind are direct code donations, allowing employees to participate on company time, donations directly to the ASF, *usage* of a project, etc.

Both Intel and IBM have made generous donations that do reflect much investment, and I expect that both companies will continue to support the project with further donations of code as well as support via giving empoyees freedom to participate here.

That said we need to be sure to treat - as much as possible - the contributions of individuals as coming from those individuals.

As much as possible, we leave our employer hats at the door, and put on our harmony hats.

I think it is great because this gives a big momentum but I also think it would be nice to hear this in the open.

There have been statements in the press by IBM and Intel, IIRC.

--
 Thorbjørn (all by myself)

geir (me too)