Chris Gray wrote:
On Monday 24 April 2006 23:34, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

1) Could we simply have a classloader that can be put in a special mode
so it doesn't that unit tests for bootclasspath-resident packages are
not on the boot classpath?

If you mean that the custom classloader would try to load classes named (say) java.*.Test* itself instead of delegating to its parent, then you should find that the VM won't let you - I'm pretty sure that's in the spec somewhere.

We are writing the VM - what I meant was have that mode for the Vm...