On 26 April 2006 at 10:36, George Harley
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mark Hindess wrote:
>
> > On 26 April 2006 at 14:50, "Stepan Mishura"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Mark,
> > >
> > > Update 396968 renamed tests in 'text' module. Could you provide a
> > > new patch for this module?
> > >

> > It should just be:
> >
> >   sed -e's!modules/text/src/test/java/tests/api!modules/text/src/test/java/
> org/apache/harmony/text/tests!'
> >
> > but it looks like George made whitespace changes as well as just
> > renames.  It'll take a while to fix the patch.
>
> Sorry about the whitespace changes - there were a number of types
> which were effectively duplicated across the two packages I
> merged. Moving these into one combined source file in the new package
> was the most likely cause of this.

No apology necessary.  Progress is bound to cause the odd clash.

It turns out that most of the problematic whitespace problems were just
caused by the end of line changes caused by the file property changes -
which again are important to avoid unreadable commit messages.

So, although I resorted to using perl, I did manage to fix the patch
with only a couple of manual tweaks - which as you say were caused by
the merging of tests.

Anyway, I will try to avoid such enormous patches in future.  Splitting
them by module (as Stepan did when he applied them) makes them more
manageable and easier to test.

Regards,
 Mark.