Stepan Mishura wrote:
On 4/28/06, Anton Avtamonov wrote:
On 4/28/06, Stepan Mishura wrote:
On 4/28/06, Anton Avtamonov wrote:
On 4/28/06, Stepan Mishura wrote:
On 4/27/06, Anton Avtamonov  wrote:
<SNIP>

Which approach is better is very personal :-). I would ay that the
second one. It is more intention-revealing. Really, when you override
testDeserialized() you don't see how and where it is used. With
properly used delegation pattern the tests would be:
Anton, when you override setUp() and tearDown() methods you also don't
see
how and where they are used. Do you use them or copy/paste
setUp/tearDown
code to every testing method?
That's why setUp() should do something very common for all the tests
in the TestCase. All "test specific" customizations go to test
methods.

Actually, no reasons to argue about minor design specifics: all of
them work. What to prefer is very individual as I said. I don't expect
consensus here :-).

A lot of copy/pased tests.

I use delegation when possible just because of better flexibility. If
we want to discuss design and Design Patterns aspects (especially how
and where inheritance or delegation should be used) we can create a
separate thread :-).

The idea is that both separating and mixing of the serialization tests
can be done. The original question is: what do we want. Definitely,
both approaches can be implemented.

Yes, it is possible to implement any number of approaches - luni module will
use one approach, security module will use another approach, beans will use
the third one. But it would be better to select one approache and follow it
to make development/support easier and simple.

I strongly recommend that all modules use the same approach. ;-)
Thanks,
Stepan Mishura

Richard Liang
China Software Development Lab, IBM