Archie Cobbs wrote:
Classpath? The assumption here is that you don't need to have GNU Classpath, right?

Argh, my apologies, for some reason I was thinking completely backwards.
Ignore most of what I said :-)

OK now I remember why I thought that before: if you're going to be using
JVM X which is designed for Classpath, then most likely you're going to
have Classpath installed if you have JVM X installed. So, you might as
well take advantage of it.

That was the idea anyway. But I agree, it's not worth the added
dependency. The only downside of not doing it that way is that it
becomes slightly harder to maintain compatibility (because e.g.,
the adapater's VMFoo API classes will have to manually track changes in
Classpath's VMFoo API). But the VMFoo API is fairly stable now anyway
so this shouldn't be a huge problem.

-Archie