On Tuesday 09 May 2006 22:03, Etienne Gagnon wrote:
> Yes.  But only by checking out everything.
>
> I am developing a API "stubs" project, which is a full "stubs"
> implementation of the Java 1.5 API.  My objective was actually to allow
> for not needing an API "implementation" to compile code against the API.
>  I was planning to use this, among other uses, for compiling SableVM's
> luni-kernel implementation.

For what my opinion is worth (on a good day, a cup of coffee, but not at Caffè
Florian), this would be an excellent thing to have. It will never be easy to
work on the core Java APIs in a totally modular way (because Sun didn't
design things that way), but with such a set of stubs one could at least work
on a group of classes in isolation and be able to compile them to bytecode.
Furthermore the stubs can readily be used for white-box testing during
development, by simply adding println()s. Go for it!

Chris

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                             +32 3 216 0369