Mikhail Loenko wrote:
2006/5/12, George Harley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
It sounds like there are as many interpretations of the guidelines as
their are correspondents on this topic :-)
My suggested change would be that we state that Harmony class library
code should throw exceptions of the same runtime class as the RI.

-1

Do not see any reason to disallow throwing a subclass

Thanks,
Mikhail

Hi Mikhail,

Nor can I off the top of my head. So you are advocating something like "Harmony class library code should throw exceptions of the same runtime class (or a subtype of that runtime class) as the RI" ? Do you have in mind a particular example of this in the current code base ?

Best regards,
George

Best regards,
George