Weldon,

2006/5/15, Weldon Washburn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Ivan,

It is great you are spending time on gnuclasspathadapter.  As you have
discovered, there is a lot of work remaining to be done.  It would be
really good if you can document the problems you had in when following
my directions.

Here is issues I've found:
* There was no build instructions. I assumed that I should place the
adapter separately, as it have 'doit.bat' kind of build files.
* No build files for linux.
* Changes to harmony tree happened so I need to fix some imports in
patched java-files.
* Java files has hardcoded absolute path for glue native library.
LD_PRELOAD and modified jchevm to search libraries via
dlsym(RTLD_DEFAULT, "").
* For specjvm98 made number of stubs for java.awt.* classes.
* Java_?_writeImpl() uses libvmi.so functionality which not
implemented in classlib stub. Need to write my own implementation.
* NewWeakGlobalRef used by nio. Changed jchevm to fallback to
NewGlobalRef instead of crash.
* Functionality from HyVMLSFunctionTable is used. Workaround: comment
out java.io.File.oneTimeInitialization(). This was already done by
you, but somehow I've lost the change when merging.
* Problem with incorrect class interfaces looks like introduced by my
quick replacement of awt classes. Going to investigate it.

How much time will you be able to work on gnuclasspathadapter?  It
would be good to know so that we can figure out how to split the
project efficiently.

I am not planing to do much work on it. May be I'll spent some time in weekend.

I gave up on specJVM98 for now because JCHEVM/SableVM eagerly resolves
classes.  It keeps trying to pull in a bunch of specJVM98 AWT classes.
 I tried hacking awt out of specJVM98 source code but it got way too
convoluted.

My current plan is to try to get Mauve's gnu/testlet/java/io/File test
to run.   I hope to post mods to the native methods that are needed to
support gnu/testlet/java/io/File fairly soon.

On 5/14/06, Ivan Volosyuk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sure, if I have some outstanding results I'll share it. As for now...
>
> It was quite challenging to run "hello world" using glue layer from
Harmony-318.
> Some changes was made to the classes layout, patched classes are a bit
outdated.
> I didn't found libvmi.so for jchevm, so I've taken modified version from
drlvm.
> There is no documentation about HyVMLSFunctionTable functions used by

I was also thinking of stealing pieces of DRLVM.  I started this
project before DRLVM had been donated.  Thus there were no pieces to
steal.  But now things have changed.  Thus time to reassess how to
move forward.

> harmony classlib, and it is used quite strange way. Helpfully, Weldon
> has commented out its usage.

Interesting.  Do you really mean, "helpfully"?  Perhaps you mean, "hopefully"??

That's right.

Ivan