On 5/25/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1) Try avoid "magic number" nor "magic strings" in code ( the constant
name
> by itself can be a good comment )

That's a universal rule of programming, isn't it? :)

Yes, and I listed it after reading our sources :), E.g. see JIRA482 problem
or try to understand constants like java/util/jar/Attributes:87

I'm happy if you note these, but explain why, and lets not call them
"the law", as I'm sure that there will be situations where people will
need to violate...

Yes, these ones can be only recomendations and can't be rules, because the
most of them are performance related issues. E.g. nobody will file a bug
like 'this method is protected but can be private" but if you have a
thousands of such methods in API this will affect performance for a real
percents..

--
Mikhail Fursov