I also saw Tim do a demo of Eclipse running on Harmony at EclipseCon
'06, so it seemed in pretty good shape. However, that was running the
JDT; whilst the CDT is likely to be in similar position, you might
find that one or two APIs are needed for CDT but not JDT :-)

Having said that, the fixes in the API are likely to be minimal if
any, and exercising the build against more tools is a good way of
finding where the holes are :-)

Alex.

On 30/05/06, Paulex Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mikhail and Rodney,

I heard that Geir and Tim had demoed Eclipse with Harmony on JavaOne?

Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> Hi Rodney
>
> I've just taken svn snapshot, built classlib, ran Eclipse on it (plus
> J9),
> open a number of files, made sync with repository.
>
> Do you like me to try some special scenario?
>
> Thanks,
> Mikhail
>
> 2006/5/30, Rodney Dowdall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Hello
>>
>> I've been investigating the possible use of Harmony on QNX.  We would
>> like to use it, along with the QNX j9 VM, to run our self-hosted Eclipse
>> based tools.  I was looking through the code today and while it would be
>> some work, I think the port should be relatively straightforward.  What
>> I am afraid of is that I would get the port done only to find that it
>> cannot run Eclipse. The statement that leads me to believe that Harmony
>> isn't mature enough to run a full blown Eclipse is the following from
>> the Harmony website:
>>
>> " This contribution is sufficient to run Ant and the Eclipse Java
>> compiler, to provide a basic self-hosting environment. IBM also made a
>> version of their J9 VM available
>> <http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/harmony> for use by the
>> project in evaluating this contribution."
>>
>> I realize this is a fairly old statement, but I would just like to know
>> if Harmony would be able to accomplish what I am hoping it can.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rodney

Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab