The VM and the classlib will be parallel trees, for example...

harmony/enhanced/classlib
harmony/enhanced/<whatevernameforVM>

Besides XXXVM and classlib trees, are we going to have some place for
the things which can be shared between VM and classlib? For example,
where do we put common include files like jni.h which have to be used
both by VM and classlib during compilation, do we keep them in every
XXXVM and classlib tree, or somewhere else?

Another example: suppose one day VM and classlib decide to share the
code from the modules like port, zip support, thread e.t.c.. What
should be the right location for these modules, should they be a part
of VM or a part of classlib?

Thanks,
Andrey.

On 5/25/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andrey Chernyshev wrote:
> On 5/23/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> Andrey Chernyshev wrote:
>>
>> > Returning back to the subject of this discussion, I guess it should be
>> > relatively easy to modify the DRLVM building system such that it would
>> > get the binary HDK from web and use it for compilation of a single
>> > module.
>>
>> I don't understand this sentence.  Do you mean a classlibrary module or
>> a DRLVM module?
>
> It could be both actually, the building script produces complete JRE
> combined from a set of classlib modules and a set of VM modules. There
> is no much distinction between VM or classlib, all modules are built
> using the same set of rules. Though all modules are currently
> compiled, it should be possible to take some of them in a binary form
> from HDK snapshot.

I find it hard to see why we'd want to couple them in the long run.