I've found an issue similar to rmi tests[1]

There is a method BigDecimal.subtract(BigDecimal,MathContext), its
implementation in math2 consists of 30 lines

Implementation does not perform any heavy math: I've counted 5
possible execution paths, different branches are calling
BigInteger.multiply,
BigInteger.subtract, new BigDecimal, and couple more methods.

The test against that method has 2198 generated test cases looking like the
following:

public void testSubtractMathContextXXXX() {
   bigDec= new BigDecimal("...");
   BigDecimal bigDec2= new BigDecimal("...");
   assertEquals(msgNotSame, new BigDecimal("..."),
           bigDec.subtract(bigDec2,new MathContext(...)));
}

Do we need that many tests for this method?

Thanks,
Mikhail

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200605.mbox/[EMAIL