They are not just stubs, I remember I've fixed a bug there [1].

They are not VM-independent, DRLVM's kernel classes differ [2]

Thanks,
Mikhail

[2]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/kernel_classes/javasrc/java/lang/System.java?revision=411782&view=markup

2006/6/6, Mark Hindess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On 6 June 2006 at 9:40, "Mikhail Loenko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 6) move kernel classes out of classlib
>
> possibly create /j9 directory in a root, where j9 binaries and kernel
> classes will live

Aren't these just compile against stubs?  They aren't really j9
specific.  If we remove them, we'd need to compile against a specific
vm?  Personally I'd prefer to keep the stubs and loose coupling.

Regards,
 Mark.