2006/6/6, Stefano Mazzocchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
BTW, is Harmony's Java2D hardware accelerated or software drawn?
As it was written in contribution email  Java2D uses GDI+ library on
Windows and Xlib on Linux.
So it's almost everywhere hardware accelerated on Windows and almost
everywhere software drawn on Linux.
For now... :)

However there are some cases when we use software drawing on Windows.
Because not all the Java entities can be converted into GDI+ entities.
For example we can not fill shapes with acyclic  gradient by GDI+
routines.

You can read more about our Java2D implemntation internals in the
attached documentation (modules/awt/doc/Java2D.html).

--
Alexey A. Petrenko