Oliver Deakin wrote:
> Just thought Id give a bit of a heads up on HARMONY-561.
> The patch attached to that JIRA moves the header files under the
> native-src/<platform>/include directories into
> /modules/<luni|archive>/src/main/native. It also updates the build
> scripts and
> makefiles to move the headers into a shared location (<hdk>/include, as
> described at [1])  and compile against their new location.

Right, and I really don't like it, have been saying I don't like
overwriting the HDK, gave a reason for why I don't like it, and never
heard a reason why it must be this way.

If you want me to put my money where my mouth is and just patch it, I'm
more than able to do that, but I'd rather reach consensus together on
how to go forward.

> The next piece of work I intend to look at is getting the windows/linux
> makefiles to
> build their .lib/.a files directly into the <hdk>/lib directory (also
> described in [1]),

See above

> and getting each native component to link against the libs at that
> location. Once
> this is done the deploy directory should look like a complete HDK after
> a global
> build. ie it will contain everything needed to build each individual
> native component
> or java module against it.

That is a good outcome if it isn't the hdk directory.  If it's the HDK
directory, consider me against it.

> We should then be able to make the final moves of the classlib native code
> into the modules (and start creating some classlib HDK snapshots).

Great.

geir