Yes, there are a lot of functions without implementation. I have
inserted this exceptions there to fast detect this places. It will
also be a few UnsatisfiedLinkErrors for some missing functions in
java.lang.reflect.Array.
Security is just no-op for now. I have almost zero knowledge in this area.
Most probable reason for the hang in two luni tests is bug or
unimplemented functionality in Thread.java
One of problems in the Thread.java I have no clue how to solve is:
 Classlib implementation uses its own thread manager implementation,
jchevm has also its own. Some classlib's native methods implementation
rely on thread_attach() call before them, otherwise they crash. I have
implemented this in VMThread.run(). But JNI ThreadAttach in jchevm
doesn't call classlib's thread_attach(), so threads attached via JNI
will crash classlib.
--
Ivan

On 6/8/06, Mark Hindess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7 June 2006 at 20:50, "Mark Hindess" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> With HARMONY-569, HARMONY-572 and a couple of simple hacks - like
> removing the -showversion jvm arguments from test runs - I've been
> able to run 63% of the classlib tests.  I should get more running with
> a little more effort.  The test results were:
>
>   Tests      Failures        Errors       Success rate
>   5601       360             744          80.29%
>
> which is v. impressive.

I've improved my wrapper script (linux only sorry) to ignore
-showversion and handle -Xbootclasspath/[ap] appropriately.  I've
attached this to HARMONY-583.

I had to exclude two luni tests which were causing the vm to hang:

  tests/api/java/lang/IllegalThreadStateExceptionTest.java
  tests/api/java/lang/ThreadTest.java

But the new test results are:

  Tests      Failures        Errors       Success rate
  8348       1295            892          73.80%

which is progress even though the success rate went down.

Many of the failures share the same root causes so I think this
figure could improved pretty quickly.

I wish there was a tool to summarise the root failures out of 2000+
junit test reports!  Just scanning at random, the most common errors
seem to be:

1)

 not implemented

 java.lang.RuntimeException: not implemented at
 java.lang.ClassLoader.getResources(ClassLoader.java:224) at
 org.apache.harmony.jndi.internal.EnvironmentReader.readMultipleResourceFiles
 (EnvironmentReader.java:227) at
 org.apache.harmony.jndi.internal.EnvironmentReader$2.run
 (EnvironmentReader.java:280) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged
 (AccessController.java:241) at
 org.apache.harmony.jndi.internal.EnvironmentReader.readApplicationResourceFiles
 (EnvironmentReader.java:278) at javax.naming.InitialContext.internalInit
 (InitialContext.java:207) at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>
 (InitialContext.java:151) at
 org.apache.harmony.jndi.tests.javax.naming.InitialContextMockTest.setUp
 (InitialContextMockTest.java:50)

2)

not implemented

java.lang.RuntimeException: not implemented at
org.apache.harmony.kernel.vm.VM.getNonBootstrapClassLoader(VM.java:77) at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1942) at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1901) at
javax.security.auth.SubjectTest.test_PrincipalSetInvalidSerForm
(SubjectTest.java:1297) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative
(Method.java) at org.apache.harmony.auth.internal.SecurityTest.runTest
(SecurityTest.java:109)

3) Many of the crypto/auth/security tests are failing with "implementation
   not found" type errors.

4)

META-INF/ALICE.SF has invalid digest for Test.class in /var/tmp/
hyts_resources45209/TestCodeSigners.jar

java.lang.SecurityException: META-INF/ALICE.SF has invalid digest for
Test.class in /var/tmp/hyts_resources45209/TestCodeSigners.jar at
java.util.jar.JarVerifier.verifyCertificate(JarVerifier.java:331) at
java.util.jar.JarVerifier.readCertificates(JarVerifier.java:242) at
java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(JarFile.java:340) at
org.apache.harmony.archive.tests.java.util.jar.JarEntryTest.test_getCodeSigners
(JarEntryTest.java:122) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Method.java)

Regards,
 Mark.