Ivan Volosyuk wrote:
Yes, I have done this in VMThread.run() method for newly created
threads. But I have seen no way to do this in JNI's ThreadAttach().
Looks like gnu classpath doesn't require any callbacks (like
thread_attach()) to be called on the attached thread, so the jchevm
doesn't do this. That is why in order to use classlib, this place
needs changes in jchevm and it looks like the same applies to all
other VMs which use gnu classpath interfaces. That is the problem I am
talking about.

One thing to try would be adding a call to VMThread.attach() in
the Thread(VMThread, String, int, boolean) constructor, which is
the constructor used for native threads.

However, this method is not invoked in a native thread until the first
time Thread.currentThread() is invoked -- that may or may not
be soon enough.

-Archie