This font is getting out of hand...

I realize you may not be able to answer this... This is really just
interesting learning for me as I've never used NIO in anger...

Given that NIO is an advanced API, why would the NIO EG let the channel
user simply decide?  If you were interrupted while blocked on the
channel, you must close.  If not, you can use it...

Geir