Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> 2006/6/19, Alexey Petrenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> 2006/6/18, Mark Hindess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> > a) It will break everyone build unless they have all the dependencies
>> > (libjpeg, libpng, and liblcms) in the right place.  I want to give
>> > people time to discuss how to handle this.  On linux, these packages
>> > are very common so we really should use the installed dynamic libraries
>> > if possible.  Using liblcms and libjpeg should be easy since they both
>> > use "pkg-config" (as in "pkg-config --cflags lcms" and "pkg-config
>> > --libs lcms") if their development packages are installed.  We'll need
>> > collect details of the required packages for different distributions.
>> > Debian packages are liblcms1-dev, libjpeg-dev (virtual package) and
>> > libpng12-dev.  Anyone fill in the gaps for other distributions?
>> >
>> > Not sure what to do on windows. libjpeg and libpng seem to be available
>> > in the MinGW Package repository at:
>> >
>> >  http://mingwrep.sourceforge.net/
>> >
>> > Anyone tried using these to meet the requirements on Windows?
>> I've compared libraries available through MinGW with AWT requirements...
>> The only library which meets the requirements is libjpeg.
>> libpng is too old.
>> lcms is not available.
>>
>> So we should try to find another place to get the libraries or... add
>> this libraries to MinGW :)
>
> Guys,
>
> in general...
> Is it possible to precompile needed libraries and put it somewhere on
> the Harmony's website? Do download them through depends.xml...

We don't want to do that, distribute third party code that we build.

> As a workaround we can download source archives from the original
> sites of the libraries and then build them from the Harmony build
> script.

Right.  Or a dependency area somewhere to make it regularized in form -
share the scripts to do that thing.

Or just give people a pointer, and instructions on how to do it, and let
them set a property as to where our bulids can find the artifacts...

geir