I'm having 9 failures in and around this on ubuntu 6.  I haven't looked
to confirm this is the issue, but either way, yes, the tests should be
accommodating.

geir

Mark Hindess wrote:
> Tests failed for me (and the linux build machine) with:
>
>   Incorrect host name returned: localhost.localdomain != localhost
>
>   junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Incorrect host name returned:
> localhost.localdomain != localhost
>   at
> tests.api.java.net.InetAddressTest.test_getHostName(InetAddressTest.java:238)
>
> Because the standard Debian installation defines 127.0.0.1 to be
> localhost.localdomain.  I think the tests need to be more accommodating
> people aren't going to want to have to mess about with these system
> configurations.
>
> -Mark.
>

> On 23 June 2006 at 13:14, "Andrew Zhang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> ------=_Part_22520_3761084.1151039694395
>>
>> Hi Stepan,
>>
>> Maybe it needs configure /etc/hosts ? I'm not sure.
>>
>> I configured the host file on windows, the test passes. :)
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> On 6/23/06, Stepan Mishura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Hi George,
>>>
>>> InetAddressTest and SocketPermissionTest still fails for me on Linux.
>>> For example, InetAddressTest.test_getAllByNameLjava_lang_String failed
>>> with:
>>>
>>> Incorrect number of aliases returned: 2 should be 1
>>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Incorrect number of aliases
>>> returned:
>>> 2 should be 1 at
>>> tests.api.java.net.InetAddressTest.test_getAllByNameLjava_lang_String (
>>> InetAddressTest.java:165) at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(