Alexey,

As far as I understand Andrey, he suggests to run tests when a piece
of code is integrated into the code base, by the person who has access
to the repository (committer). A developer shouldn't test his piece of
code on any platform, though it'd be good if he did it and reported
results in the JIRA issue.

I don't know if running tests for hours is suitable for integration
check, if so, I can suggest using Eclipse automated tests  (can be
found in download section for each Eclipse release). Total amount of
tests is > 10000 . They test Eclipse functionality quite deeply. Note:
they'll fail without GUI.

> We may probably also need to define the list of platforms/configurations
covered by this procedure.
I'm not sure that I get your idea correctly.
Do you suggest to ask every developer to make some checks on different
platforms and software configurations?
If so... Yes, it is good for product stability.
But it will be nearly impossible because very small number of
developers have access to different platforms and software
configurations...

Anton Luht,