Hi all,

Here's another heads up to let you all know how it's going.

As you have probably noticed, I raised HARMONY-628 last week moving
the prefs code into its module. This patch has already been applied to SVN head.
Earlier today I raised HARMONY-668 to move the launcher and vmls source
into the luni module.

Just in case anyone was wondering, the ordering of the native code I am
moving isn't (entirely) random. I'm working my way through the targets
in native-src/<platform>/makefile in the reverse order they need to be built.
This provides me with gradual steps where I know all dependencies
will be built by the time my changes are reached.

I plan to move text, archive and auth next (into the text, archive and auth modules, respectively and somewhat unsurprisingly!). I will post again if I hit any problems.

Regards,
Oliver

Oliver Deakin wrote:
Hi all,

As you have probably noticed, I recently raised HARMONY-596
(which Mark has already kindly applied) to make .lib and .a files generate
straight into the deploy/lib directory.

I think that now we are in a position to finally modularise the classlib native code. I've volunteered to do this, and plan to move the code down into the
modules in the layout described in [1], since I believe there were no
objections.

I will probably warm up with some of the "easier" modules - prefs/text/auth
- before moving onto archive and luni. Ill raise a separate JIRA for each
set of moves, and let you all know how I progress and if there are any
problems/questions I have.

I also plan to create a doc for the website describing the location of the native
code, and summarising how platform specific and shared code is laid out
within each native component.

Please let me know if there are any issues with this - otherwise I will
continue to work on it and submit patches.

Regards,
Oliver

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200605.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--