Just a note to get some more discussion going.

Mark and I were talking about how to start refactoring out dependencies
to a 'peer' to drlvm and classlib.  And Tim and I have discussed this
too... I just want to capture and get the conversation out here...

So, the idea is that it would be nice to have a common place for
dependencies that parts of Harmony can point to w/ an assist in filling
in.  (I.e - make it easy to get stuff.)

Second, we also want to give each subcomponent (drlvm, jchevm, classlib)
full freedom for dependencies via a simple property setting, so that
people have full freedom to do what they want...

So as a starting point... (names are open to change) ... something like :

/deps
  deps.properties
  build.xml
    /build
    /external
           /ecj
                /3.2
                /3.3
           /apr
                /2.1
                /2.2

etc

where

deps.properties is something like

ECJJAR = ... path to 'default' verison
APRINCLUDE = ... etc...

So that people can reconfigure locally, and even override in a
build.properties or something

Big issue here is that each artifact will have different things, like
libs and includes, jars, etc..

the build.xml will be the top-level ant script that can fetch, update
and build the deps...