Tim, thanks for the link.
It seems that it will be better to send a request to
legal-discuss@apache.org mailing list.

SY, Alexey

2006/6/28, Tim Ellison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> BTW, I'm trying to play with prebuilt libraries from GnuWin32 project
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/). They have needed versions
> of jpeg and png libraries. But lcms library is too old.
>
> I've build awt natives with this libraries but can not run them yet
> since I can not build and run DRLVM :( Will try with IBM VM...
>
> Even if AWT will work ok with this libraries we got few issues with them:
> 1. lcms library is too old. Probably we can ask project owners to update
> it.
> 2. These libraries are using zlib1.dll. But we renamed this dll in Harmony.
>
> Another big question is: Is it legal for us to use and redistribute as
> part of HDK these precompiled libraries?
> Thoughts? Geir? Tim?

FYI: here's some guidance of how different licensed code can be used:

 http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party.html

Note that, AFAIK, this is still /proposed/ policy.

> SY, Alexey
>
> 2006/6/28, Mark Hindess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>
>> On 28 June 2006 at 11:09, Mark Hindess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:

>> > The original contribution is in svn.  The java code is integrated.
>> >
>> > If you manually set out the depends/libs/build tree - with libjpeg,
>> > libpng, liblcms - then the native code can be built by adding:
>> >
>> >   -Dwith.awt.swing=true
>> >
>> > (Incidentally, I'd appreciate some testing/feedback on the
>> > -Dwith.awt.swing=true build on Windows.  Especially if we want to
>> > include awt/swing in a snapshot later this week.)
>>
>> FYI: The instructions for creating the depends tree
>> are in section "5. BUILDING THE EXTERNAL LIBRARIES" of
>> modules/awt_swing_contribution/modules/README.txt
>>
>> Regards,
>>  Mark.

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.