On 6/28/06, Weldon Washburn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Some comments and observations:

3)
One approach might be to put the JIT in a separate "vm thread" that
never executes any code other than the JIT.  al commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Weldon,
I think it could be a very good approach, but in a such JIT we must be sure
that method compilation is never triggers the Java code execution.
Now if JIT asks VM to resolve a class (e.g. for inliner needs or CHA
analysis) - the classloader will be invoked.
We can create a pure Java in classloader to serve all JIT requests but this
way is complicated and can have a conflict with a user code that does not
expect any 'system' threads.

--
Mikhail Fursov