Paulex Yang wrote:
> Tim,
>
> Are you looking at this FileTest now?

I have not had time, so if you can fix them then please go ahead.

> I've looked over this test, and
> basically I think it's the test itself can be improved. If 8.3 filename
> is disabled, the test_getCanonicalPath and test_getCanonicalFile fails
> on both RI and Harmony. Look inside the tests, it creates a file
> "longfilename.tst" and "longfi~`.tst", and try to assert these two file
> returns same canonical path. My suggestions on this test are:
>
> 1. About platform issue, these two tests are windows specific, and there
> are quite a few other test cases in FileTest written like "if(onWindows)
> blabla", they should be separated to another platform dependent test
> cases, according to our test convention proposal
>
> 2. About long file name issue, I think these 8.3 file name tests are
> still valuable, I suggest to check the workstation's status at first,
> and if it supports 8.3 filename, go on the tests, otherwise just skip
> over this block, the status can be easily get by codes below: (suppose
> we got a resource test file named as "longfilename.res")
>
> private boolean support8Dot3Filename(){
>    return new File(basedir+"longfi~1.res").exists();
> }
>
> your comments?

Just wondering if that is something we should be able to answer in the
general case from the IFileSystem ?  I guess no impl code takes notice
of that support, in which case what is the test testing?

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.