The pieces of Unicode 4.1 that would be of any concern would be the notable
changes [1]. If we were to fully support Unicode 4.1 in some classes, like
Character.UnicodeBlock, there may be some cases of supporting more than the
Java 5 spec (RI). This is probably fine in most cases, but I'd be curious if
this had any affect on the JCK or any other JRE tests.

I haven't checked the Java 6 spec lately, but it's likely that it has moved
to Unicode 4.1.

More than anything, I'd just like to have some sort of consensus if a
question or a bug about supporting a Unicode 4.1 value comes up. If ICU
supports it then I'm even more inclined to support it.

-Nathan

[1] http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode4.1.0/#NotableChanges