2006/7/12, Alexey Varlamov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Why do you think it will take more memory for non-English locales?
Bcause of longer keys to a bundle - compare "a123" and "The
application has requested unusual operation and should be slated."
It seems that we have some misunderstanding here... :)

Check "new Eclipse" method. It suggests something like:

public class Msgs {
   public static final String a123;

   static {
       MsgUtils.initializeMessages(...
   }
}

I suggested to change it to something like

public class Msgs {
   public static final String a123 = "The application has requested
unusual operation and should be slated.";

   static {
       MsgUtils.initializeMessages(...
   }
}

So the only difference is that we do not need to initialize messages
for English locale.

SY, Alexey

--
Alexey A. Petrenko