Hi Mikhail,

You are probably already aware of this but the tests that use the SerClassLoader custom class loader result in a StackOverflowError when run against the RI. The overridden implementation of findResource(String) calls getResource(String) which, according to the spec, may end up calling into findResource(String) and so on...

Fixing up the original version of the BeanTest class (i.e. before revision 421204) is quite straightforward really. I'm happy to check it in but if you want to go with a custom class loader approach then that's equally fine IMHO. I just think that it would be nice though if the tests could be run on both Harmony and the RI.

What do you think ?

Best regards,
George

Mikhail Loenko wrote:
Hi George!

HARMONY-88 contribution contains a file "MockJavaBean2.bin"
that seems to be a binary representation of
"tests.api.java.beans.mock.MockJavaBean2" class

in r406595 you have modifed BeansTest.java, for example

Beans.instantiate(loader,"tests.api.java.beans.mock.MockJavaBean2");

was replaced with

Beans.instantiate(loader,"org.apache.harmony.beans.tests.java.beans.mock.MockJavaBean2");

So that ClassNotFoundException is now thrown.

Could you please provide sources for MockJavaBean2 so that the failure
could be fixed?

Thanks,
Mikhail