New page http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Excluded_tests was added to WIKI
(refered from http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/ClassLibrary).
It would be good if before test investigation one would specify 'in
progress, <Name>' near module name, showing it is under investigation being
done by <Name>.

Thanks, Vladimir

On 7/14/06, Richard Liang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
>> On 7/7/06, Tim Ellison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Currently I'm looking on the excluded TestCases and it requires more
time
> than I expected.
> I'll prepare a report/summary about excluded TestCases at the end of
this
> process.

Hello Vladimir,

How about the progress of your report/summary?  ;-) As I'm implementing
java.util.Formatter and java.util.Scanner, I'm also interested in the
excluded tests in LUNI. Shall we create a wiki page to publish our
status, so that other people in community can know what we're doing, and
maybe we could attract more volunteers. ;-)

Best regards,
Richard.

> Thanks, Vladimir
>

> On 7/7/06, Tim Ellison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
>> > More details: it is

org/apache/harmony/security/tests/java/security/SecureRandom2Test.java
>> > test.
>> > At present time it has 2 failing tests with messages about SHA1PRNG
>> > algorithm (no support for SHA1PRNG provider).
>> > Looks like it is valid tests for non implemented functionality,
>> but, I'm
>>
>> > not
>> > sure what to do with such TestCase(s): comment these 2 tests or move
>> them
>> > into separate TestCase.
>> > Ideas?
>>
>> I'd prefer that we only use one mechanism for excluding tests, and
today
>> that is the excludes clause in the ant script.  So I suggest that you
do
>> option (4) below.
>>
>> If there are really useful tests that are being unnecessarily excluded
>> by being in the same *Test class, then you may want to consider moving
>> the failing tests into SecureRandom3Test and excluding that -- but by
>> the sound of it all SecureRandom tests will be failing.
>>
>> > By the way, probably, it worth reviewing *all* excluded TestCases
and:
>> > 1.      Unexclude if all tests pass.
>> > 2.      Report bug and provide patch for test to make it passing if
it
>> > failed due to bug in test.
>> > 3.      Report bug (and provide patch) for implementation to make
>> tests
>> > passing, if it was/is bug in implementation and no such issue in
JIRA.
>> > 4.      Specify reasons for excluding TestCases in exclude list to
>> make
>> > further clean-up process easier.
>> > 5.      Review results of this exclude list clean-up activity and
then
>> > decide what to do with the rest failing tests.
>> >
>> > I can do it starting next week. Do you think it worth doing?
>> > Thanks, Vladimir
>>
>> Sounds great, thanks Vladimir.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tim