I've finally finished building awt with the jpeg and png binaries from
the GnuWin32.
Everything seems fine.  Tests are loading and draw png and jpeg images
whithout any problem.

But we face 3 problems here:
1. lcms version in GnuWin32 is not compatible with Harmony.
2. png libary from GnuWin32 requires zlib1.dll which is known as
hyzlib.dll in Harmony.
3. Potential license problem mentioned by Geir.

2006/7/13, Geir Magnusson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> 2006/7/12, Mark Hindess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>
>> On 12 July 2006 at 12:50, "Alexey Petrenko"
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> >
>> > I've just returned from the vacation.  And I have planned to work
>> > on trying to run awt with GnuWin32 libraries today. But we have few
>> > predicatble issues with them.
>> Excellent.  Thanks Alexey.
> But as I said we got few predictable problems here:
> 1. Not all the libraries in GnuWin32 have needed versions.
> 2. Libraries form GnuWin32 are looking for zlib1.dll which is renamed
> in Harmony class lib.
Let me ask the obvious question.  Does using GNUWin32 add any code from
GNUWin32 to our artifacts?
No we do not need any source code from GnuWin32 except of binaries.
I've used headers, lib and dll files.

If so, we can't use it because of the odd and somewhat confusing
restrictions in the license here :

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/license.html
Thanks for pointing on this license.

I'm not really sure can we use binaries or not according this license.
It seems that we can if the GnuWin32 binaries will be downloaded by
the user...

But if we can't we still got 3 more options:
1. Build jpeg, png and lcms libraries, put them into Harmony (or
other) site and download it from build script.
2. Integrate jpeg, png and lcms sources into Harmony
3. Download jpeg, png and lcms source from their sites and build them
from Harmony build script.

SY, Alexey

--
Alexey A. Petrenko