Nataly,

I believe you need to accept both patches mentioned by Silikh in the initial
e-mail of this thread,
namely, H-898 & H-853. Could you please check if the 'seg fault' issue
disappears for gcc 3.3.4
as well?

Thanks,
Vladimir.

On 7/18/06, Nataly Naumova <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Vladimir and all,
I've compiled with gcc 3.3.4 and received `seg faults` since July,08
till now. I'm not applying any patches, and take just *pure* drlvm
from SVN.
DRLVM build for July,05 is fine, then the build was broken (on linux).
Maybe we should look through the commits since July,05 till July 08 ?
There were not too many commits there.

Thanks.

--
Nataly Naumova,
Intel Middleware Products Division

On 7/18/06, Vladimir Gorr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The reason of the 'seg fault' issue is clear for me now.
> I see this issue occurs when I used the gcc of 3.4.2 version.
> All works fine for the *gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux).*
> Could anybody else confirm or deny this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Vladimir.
>
> On 7/18/06, Vladimir Gorr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >  Ignore please my previous e-mail. I was slightly mistaken :-(.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >  Vladimir.
> >

> >  On 7/18/06, Vladimir Gorr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > >  Probably I've understood the reason of the segmentation fault on
Linux
> > > platform.
> > >
> > > I almost sure it is related with the build system. An argument why I
> > > think so is the following.
> > >
> > > The basic_istringstream() class from the /usr/include/g++/sstream
> > > include should be used
> > >
> > > to construct the configuration environment for the execution manager
> > > (vm/em/src/DrlEMIml.cpp file).
> > >
> > > However the recent build uses this class from the
> > > /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 library instead and as a result
> > >
> > > DRLVM fails. I'm going to continue this investigation and prepare a
> > > patch to fix this issue
> > >
> > > if someone doesn't already know how. Volunteers?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >  Vladimir.

SVN?

Linux