Weldon,

thank you for catching this.

1) Entities I want to make C++ classes are struct Class and constant pool of
a class.
2) Class members (fields and methods) are already C++ classes.
3) VTables are NOT going to become C++ classes.

The motivation for moving to C++ is encapsulation of access to member
variables of class and constant pool structures into interfaces thus
allowing to control their current usage.

Regards,
   Pavel.

On 7/24/06, Weldon Washburn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/24/06, Pavel Pervov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I would like to work on cleaning the insides of Class.h header file.
>
> This header is related to internal representation of java class inside
the
> VM. Currently it contains all entities for internal class
representation:
> class itself, constant pool, members (field, method), exceptions
handler,
> vtable and so forth.
>
> First thing I would like to do is to split the file into a group of
files,
> each of which would contain only one entity (and some closely related
> entities, if any). This would produce the following headers:
> 1)       Class.h – constant pool and class
> 2)       vtable.h – vtable
> 3)       class_member.h – field and method entities descriptors,
exception
> handler descriptor
> 4)       cci.h – code chunk entity (part of compiled method code)
>
> Second thing to do is to throw away members (and other stuff), which are
not
> used anymore and the only reason they are still there is history or they
do
> not belong to these files.
>
> Third thing to do is to make all these entities C++ objects.

Please tell us the motivation.  My main concern is moving to C++ and
Java simultaneously.

--
Weldon Washburn