Salikh Zakirov skrev  den 17-07-2006 17:14:
But then, I am "unix type", and having correctly defined environment
is essential to me. I just keep my .profile file up-to-date,
and don't care about setting it in a new window. It gets configured
automatically. And I hate property files, because they cannot be
configured in one central place, and I have to keep copying them
over and over, and quickly get lost in a multitude of unsynchronized copies.

This applies for you, but you cannot check environment variables into a versioning control system, and therefore ensure that the basic environment is the same for all users.

I have now tried for quite some time to get in the water with the builds and find environment variables extremely annoying since i have to keep copying them around from machine to machine and get lost in a multitude of unsynchronized copies. property files are configured in one central place :)

--
 Thorbjørn