On 23/07/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
P.S. I'm an IDEA user.  IDEA just lets me point at the JRE directory I
want to use for execution and debugging, and it figures it out. Good
IDEA, huh?  Hopefully Eclipse will one day do this.

I know you only wrote that to get a rise out of someone ...

So how does IDEA know which Harmony JAR files to compile against?

If you point Eclipse at a standard JRE it will pick out the rt.jar
etc, but our modular packaging and multi-VM support means that we need
a new VM-type for Eclipse.

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.