Hello

I've checked pthread_attr_getstackaddr and it isn't depricated on my linux.

Also I've tested Gregory's fix and it works.

$uname -a

Linux 2.6.5-7.145lxset1-smp #1 SMP Thu Jan 27 09:19:29 UTC 2005 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux

$gcc --version

gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux)

Pavel Afremov.

On 7/26/06, Gregory Shimansky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 01:18 Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Gregory Shimansky wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I've tried to build drlvm on Linux and it didn't compile because when
> > compiling signals_ia32.cpp file compiler produced a warning that
> > pthread_attr_getstackaddr is deprecated. I looked in
> > /usr/include/pthread.h [1] and found out that it is really deprecated
by
> > __attribute_deprecated__.
> >
> > I don't know why everything is fine for others but for me gcc [2] does
> > gives a warning on this function. I used the recommended replacement
> > pthread_attr_getstack which gives both address and stack size in one
> > call. The patch is in HARMONY-977. StackTest and other vm smoke tests
> > pass for me now.
>
> Weird.  It always has built for me on ubuntu 5/6 and passed the smoke
> tests.

Is it marked as deprecated in your /usr/include/pthread.h header too? I
googled a bit and found some references to Debian and Fedora that
pthread_attr_getstackaddr is deprecated. There are even a bugs on Sun JDK
about it [1]. Maybe this change just didn't make it into Ubuntu yet.

[1] http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6349489 and