On 7/27/06, Nathan Beyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What class are you referring to? The hash value of a String isn't written
during serialization [1]; the String serialization is actually a somewhat
special form. In most other classes that are serializable though, the hash
value generally isn't part of the serialized form.

Nathan, yes I was wrong. I had just a brief look to String.java and had seen
no special serialization code in it, so my first thought was that String is
saved by default rules. Now I see that object streams have special handling
of String internaly.

--
Mikhail Fursov