On 7/27/06, Paulex Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andrew Zhang wrote:
> Seems strange.
>
> Following test fails against RI.
>
> The spec of SelectableChannel.register() says: "IllegalSelectorExceptoin
> -- If this channel was not created by the same provider as the given
> selector".
Same instance or same SelectorProvider subclass?

I think it's same instance. As you may notice, I use "assertSame(
channel.provider(), selector.provider());" in the test.

RI passes this assert statement and fails at channel.register(...) because
of IllegalSelectorException.

That's why I think RI is illogical in this case.

Any comments?

> [...]
>
>    protected MockChannel(SelectorProvider arg0) {
>        super(arg0);
>    }
>
>    public Socket socket() {
>        return null;
>    }
>
>    public boolean isConnected() {
>        return false;
>    }
>
>    public boolean isConnectionPending() {
>        return false;
>    }
>
>    public boolean connect(SocketAddress arg0) throws IOException {
>        return false;
>    }
>
>    public boolean finishConnect() throws IOException {
>        return false;
>    }
>
>    public int read(ByteBuffer arg0) throws IOException {
>        return 0;
>    }
>
>    public long read(ByteBuffer[] arg0, int arg1, int arg2) throws
> IOException {
>        return 0;
>    }
>
>    public int write(ByteBuffer arg0) throws IOException {
>        return 0;
>    }
>
>    public long write(ByteBuffer[] arg0, int arg1, int arg2) throws
> IOException {
>        return 0;
>    }
>
>    protected void implCloseSelectableChannel() throws IOException {
>
>    }
>
>    protected void implConfigureBlocking(boolean arg0) throws
> IOException {
>
>    }
> }
>

> On 7/27/06, Jimmy, Jing Lv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi:
>>     I find that RI behaves strange in
>> java.nio.channels.SelectableChannel.register. in NIO, channels and
>> selector must be created by Provider. The doc reads: (Invoking
>> register() should throw) "IllegalSelectorException - If this channel
was
>> not created by the same provider as the given selector". To check if
the
>> two providers are the same, Harmony use
>> "if(selector.provider()==selector.provider)... ", however it seems not
>> correct.
>>     If we mock a channel extends SelectableChannel, put the same
>> provider of selector as its provider, and register this channel to
>> selector, RI fails with a IllegalSelectorException though two providers
>> are the same. I have no idea if how RI do without checking providers
are
>> the same?
>>     Another thing is that if a selector has no channels register on it,
>> invoke an operation of select() surely has nothing to do. In this way,
>> Harmony returns immediately even invoking a block select(), however RI
>> wait forever there, for nothing. I think Harmony's behavior is logical,
>> but not compatible with RI. It seems a bug of RI, I suggest keep it as

Paulex Yang