Hello Spark Shen,

Thank you very much, do I need to raise a new JIRA for this issue? Using
the test case I give,

No, for this problem we already have couple of issues in JIRA:

I've updated first one with the fix, and asked to close second one as duplicate.
You may want to try suggested  fix with your example and/or suggest
you testcase as a patch to unit tests(You'll find Richard's test over
there).

Also, thank you very much for your help with debugging this issue, but
the guess was not completely correct. SecuenceSet is a part of the
pattern compiled(Pattern.compile("c")), and it's not affected by the
regions, at least not it's content,
which should always remain "c".

region() method affects underlying match result, which SequenceSet
should communicate doing find, but it didn't, that was a problem.

Thank you.
   Nik.