Diego,

I tried to read this file using both J9 and DRLVM, and I didn't manage.
Hence using serialization is not the best approach, and we need to
choose another archive format.

Serialization might fail because it contains some classes which
serialized form is not specified (Element, Entity etc.) and which don't
contain serialVersionUID field.

We may use DataOutputStream methods to save the required information,
and directly use DataInputStream to read it. (However using
serialization looks simpler.)

Any ideas about the binary format?

Alexey A. Ivanov
Intel Middleware Product Division