Hi All:

IMHO, EnumSet provides a set view of enum types. According to its spec, "Enum sets are represented internally as bit vectors". To avoid to re-invent the wheel, it could be more reasonable to utilize java.util.BitSet class to support the implementation of EnumSet.

While current API methods provided by BitSet is not enough, I need to extend the function provided by BitSet. There are 2 options: 1. Implement these extension methods in BitSet directly as package private methods 2. Construct a package private utility class in org.apache.harmony.luni.util package, and implement extensions in this implementation class.

I prefer the first option, since there is not many classes need these extension. If no objections, I will adopt the first schema.

Best regards.

--
Spark Shen
China Software Development Lab, IBM