2006/8/3, Paulex Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Gregory Shimansky wrote:
> I don't think there is any conversion required. I believe -javaagent is
a VM
> option and should be handled internally by the invocation API in case
there
> is a 3rd party launcher/plugin which tries to use VM's invocation API
> directly. The agent library may be even linked statically to VM and
hidden
> from direct use on the command line.

The agent library (instrument implementation)  is implemented in
classlib and is independent with VM, why it needs to be linked
statically? Even RI, which seems don't think too much on the classlib/VM
modulazation, has the instrument.dll separated.

Ok I didn't know that RI has it separated. It is fine to me if it exists as
an instrument.dll.

Considering 3rd party launcher, I agree that it is convenient to put the
-javaagent parsing in VM directly, but then VM must be aware of the
agent lib's name, though it may be fine because it is not likely for
Harmony to change it frequently.

I agree. VM should know the name of this special agent.