I got the same error randomly today, haven't looked inside, but I suspect there may be some test case specifies the port number.

Mikhail Loenko wrote:
One test still fail:

org.apache.harmony.rmi.RegistryTest

Unexpected exception: java.rmi.server.ExportException: Unable to
export object: port 1099 already in use; nested exception is:
java.net.BindException: The address is already in use

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Unexpected exception:
java.rmi.server.ExportException: Unable to export object: port 1099
already in use; nested exception is: java.net.BindException: The
address is already in use at
org.apache.harmony.rmi.RegistryTest.testDetailed(RegistryTest.java:250)
at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:25)

But it seems to be a different issue.

Thanks,
Mikhail

2006/8/9, Oliver Deakin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> Seems like it isn't related to the new VM - I see similar error message
> on "svn move".
>
> But the problem with running the tests disappeared  :)

So all tests pass on your machine now?

Regards,
Oliver

> Thanks,
> Mikhail
>
> 2006/8/9, Mikhail Loenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> I've completly removed not only VME but the whole workspace,
>> restarted machine and reproduced the problem
>>
>> I'll try to create different project and check
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mikhail
>>
>> 2006/8/9, Oliver Deakin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> > So you can completely delete the VME from your workspace (remove
>> the default
>> > directory), unpack the zip again and recreate the problem?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Oliver

>> drive.

>> tried